By: Select Preferred Network
Fall-Style Baked Apple Cider Donuts
We all get cravings for the flavors of the seasons. Fall is one of the best times for food in this country. We likely think of the season as home to turkey, pumpkin spice, and candy corn. Apple cider is another autumn fixture. This unique recipe puts that signature apple cider flavor inside a donut to help you enjoy the fall season. Enjoy.
● Cooking Spray (Non-stick)
● 1 ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
● 1 ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
● 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
● ¾ teaspoon of fine sea salt
● ½ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
● 1 cup of unsalted butter (2 sticks)
● ¾ cups of light brown sugar
● ¾ cups of granulated sugar
● 2 large eggs
● 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
● ½ cup of apple cider
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 doughnut pans/muffin tins with the non-stick spray. In a separate medium bowl, add the baking powder, flour, and salt
2. Whisk together the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg and set this mixture aside.
3. Whisk together 10 tablespoons of the butter, brown sugar, and ¼ cup of the granulated sugar until fluffy and light. Add the eggs individually and continue to mix after adding each one.
4. Add the vanilla extract to the mix.
5. Combine the flour mixture with the other mixture and continue to whisk with the mixer. While mixing, add the apple cider slowly.
6. Fill the doughnut pans with the batter, filling them two-thirds full.
7. Bake the batter until it is an even bronze. Insert a toothpick into the center of the thickest part of the donut until it can be removed clean. This should take about 12 minutes, but rotate the pans after the 6-minute mark.
8. While doughnuts are in the oven, whisk the remaining granulated sugar and cinnamon together in a separate bowl. In another separate bowl, melt the remaining butter in the microwave.
9. Let doughnuts cool for an additional 5 minutes after they are done, and unmold them from the doughnut pans.
10. Brush them with the melted butter and dust them in the cinnamon sugar while the doughnuts are warm.